Your cart
Close Alternative Icon

Sustainable Unboxing

Arrow Thin Left Icon Arrow Thin Right Icon
Sustainable Unboxing

Guys, we have a lot to worry about these days. Too much in fact. Saying we are all overwhelmed is an understatement. And so, it may feel like a small insignificant thing, but when it comes to getting yourself or someone else a gift, the last thing I want is for you to worry about the packaging!

Recycled packaging Betina Roza

That’s why I have made the commitment to using recycled and 100% recyclable materials for all of my packaging. When I say 100%, I mean it! Even the tape on the boxes, the stickers, labels and the sheets they come on can be recycled and almost all are made from post-consumer recycled content.

Now your unboxing experience can be worry free!

If you’re wondering if this adds an extra cost to my shipping materials, it does. Making a commitment to sustainable, renewable and biodegradable packaging is not cheap, and it shouldn’t be. A lot of the technologies that are being used to develop these eco-conscious products are new, and therefore cost more. If we want them to succeed, we have to invest in them.

That’s the commitment I am making on your behalf. I'm super proud and excited to be able to offer 100% recyclable and plastic free packaging at no extra cost to you, so you can feel even better about getting yourself some pretty new things
❤︎

If you want to nerd out on the details of my new packaging, the specifics are listed below. By the way, there is always room for improvement, so if you have some ideas or feedback
leave me a comment!

 

Recycled Packaging Betina Roza

Corrugated Shipping Box Printed with Algal Ink:
Boxes are made of 100% recycled cardboard, 95% post-consumer and 5% post-industrial waste. They are 100% recyclable and accepted by the vast majority of curbside programs.

Water-based algae pigment ink is the world’s most sustainable ink! It’s actually carbon negative since it captures more carbon than is used to produce it! 

🌱 Recycling is the optimal end of life scenario for these boxes, but feel free to reuse! 

Recycled Packaging Betina Roza

100% Recycled Ornament Paper Shred:

100% recycled material comprised mainly of recovered double lined kraft (die-cut scrap from box converting operations), old corrugated cardboard, and old newsprint. The shred has a minimum of 30% post-consumer waste, with the remainder made with 70% post-industrial waste.

Ornament shred is curbside recyclable with mixed paper.

🌱 Recycling is the preferred outcome of packaging paper

Recycled packaging Betina Roza













100% Recycled Tissue Paper:
100% recycled material comprised mainly of recovered double lined kraft (die-cut scrap from box converting operations), old corrugated cardboard, and old newsprint. Tissue has a minimum of 30% post-consumer waste, with the remainder made with 70% post-industrial waste.

Tissue paper is recyclable with mixed paper in many curbside programs.

🌱 Recycling is the preferred outcome of packaging paper.



Zero Waste, 100% Recycled Shipping Labels:
Labels and liners are made with 100% recycled paper that is 100% post-consumer waste. 

🌱 This means the entire package can be recycled curbside- you don’t have to remove any labels!

100% Recycled Stickers:
Stickers are made with 100% post-consumer paper. Liners are sent back to the company for recycling. 

🌱 They can be recycled along with your boxes!

Kraft Tape:
Features a renewable and biodegradable plant-derived adhesive & backing. Facestock of the tape is made with virgin kraft paper.

(this is the only part of my packaging that is not made from 100% recycled materials- I’m looking into other options!) 

🌱 The entire package can be recycled can be recycled curbside.

 

Recycled Jewelry Boxes Betina Roza

Recycled Jewelry boxes:

100% recycled including the paper covering and proudly made in the USA! All boxes are filled with a non-tarnishing recycled fiber insert. 

These extras can be recyclable with mixed paper in many curbside programs. 

🌱 Recycling or Re-using is the preferred outcome for jewelry boxes. (PS- this is a great way to store your jewelry!)

Cards, Inserts, and post cards:
All extras and inserts are all made with either 100% recycled paper or cotton from recycled T-Shirts!

These extras can be recyclable with mixed paper in many curbside programs. 

🌱 Recycling is the preferred outcome of paper products.

Interested in green packaging for your biz? Check out EcoEnclose.com, where most of my packaging products are from and where most of this information was sourced :)

Leave a comment